Data analysis with Python
- vrijdag 14 april 2023 - vrijdag 28 april 2023
- De cursus bestaat uit drie sessies op 14, 21 en 28 april, 09:30 tot 13:00 uur.
- Nader te bepalen; de voertaal van deze cursus is Engels
This course offers an introduction to data analysis and data visualization using Python. In these more advanced classes, participants will learn about the main techniques that can be used to clean, enrich, analyse and visualise data.
The course assumes a basic level of proficiency in Python. It builds on the topics that have been covered in the introductory course on programming in Python.
The course is open to researchers from Leiden University and consists of three sessions of three hours each, on 14th, 11th and 28th April, all from 09:30 to 13:00. The venue of the course is to be decided later.
- Data acquisition via APIs and web scraping
- Working with social media data
- Data analysis with Pandas
- Data visualisation with matplotlib and Seaborn
Participants are also requested to do some background reading and to carry out simple coding tasks as homework. The total workload is estimated at about 20 hours.
All registered participants will receive practical instructions on how to prepare for the course approximately two weeks before the start.