Connect & Prepare: supporting software and data management planning
- donderdag 15 september 2022
- De voertaal van het Data Management Netwerk is Engels.
- MS Teams
Data and Software Management Plans try to fulfil several purposes:
- Help researchers anticipate and design solutions to support their data and research software at the outset of their project.
- Provide institutions with an overview of the demands for services, tools, roles, and responsibilities during the data or software's life-cycle.
- Provide funders with the information to ensure data and software practices align with their requirements.
No-one wants this process to be an administrative burden, so by ensuring our templates are efficient, and by providing useful trainings and support materials, we can strive to make the process rewarding for researchers.
Whilst helping with the process of writing a plan, we can also identify issues that are not easily resolved, but which can perhaps be addressed through new services, better training, or through collaboration solutions.
Come and discuss the common issues that are encountered during data and software management planning and learn more about the NWO’s new Software Management Plan template.
There will be two 10-minute presentations, followed by open discussion.
- Data Management Plans: funder requirements, frequent challenges, and how we can deal with them.
- The new Software Management Plan template from NWO and how we might use it at Leiden University.
As always, come along for an hour if that’s all you have, or stay for an hour and a half if you want to continue the discussion.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not a member of the Leiden University Data Management Network and would like to attend.
About Connect & events
This event is part of the “Connect and …” series of meetings arranged by, and for, the Leiden University Data Management Network. The meetings take around the middle of the month, every month, at different days and times, so as to maximize access according to people’s different working hours. Topics and speakers are proposed by members of the Network.
You can post a suggestion in the Network’s MSTeams space, or write to email@example.com, if you have a topic you'd like to discuss in a future meeting and the CDS team will help to make it happen